This e-learning course will make sure that you understand the professional and ethical rules that apply when working in a law firm.
The 7 modules cover the following key areas:
- What’s special about law firms?
- Solicitors and their clients
- Solicitors and third parties
- Solicitors and the court
- Professional reputation
- Solicitors' undertakings
- What if there’s a problem?
The course takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete.
As a result of completing this e-learning course you will:
- know who regulates law firms and different legal professionals;
- know about the different relationships and obligations when dealing with work colleagues, clients, the court and third parties;
- understand the importance of confidentiality;
- have the confidence to make the right decisions in particular situations;
- appreciate the important role that you play in upholding the reputation of your firm and the legal profession.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Working in a law firm
These terms and conditions apply to all purchases of e-learning courses via this website.
The website is operated by Kinch Robinson Ltd otherwise referred to in these terms and conditions as ‘we’, ‘our, or ‘us’. We are a company registered in England and Wales, registered number 06817161. Our registered office is 83 Wilkinson Street, Sheffield, S10 2GJ.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully before buying any e-learning course (‘Course’). By purchasing a Course you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Purchase of Courses
- You can purchase individual licences to access a Course via our online store. Prices are shown exclusive of VAT which will be added at the checkout.
If you wish to purchase multiple licences please contact us via email email@example.com or telephone – 00 44 114 273 8300.
- If you have a coupon for a discount you must add the code when checking out in the online store. If you forget to use your discount code no refund will be given.
- You may cancel a purchase and receive a refund providing that
- within 14 days of purchasing the Course you contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and
- you have not accessed the Course or any part of it.
- We do not give any representation, warranty or guarantee in relation to the Course content.
- We do not have any legal responsibility for the accuracy of any statement in the Course.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the Course is suitable for your requirements.
- We reserve the right to update and improve the Course without prior notice.
Access to the Courses
- You agree to access the Course solely for your own personal use or the personal use of one delegate for whom you purchased it. You may not share access to the Course with any other person or organisation.
- You will be able to access the Course for the period specified on our website.
- You are responsible for checking that you have appropriate software and internet access to allow you to access the Course. You are not entitled to a refund if you are unable to access the Course.
- We may terminate your access to the Course if your payment is not received or if you are in breach of any of these terms and conditions. In these situations you will not be entitled to a refund.
- At the end of the licence period your access to the Course will automatically be terminated.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The intellectual property rights in the Course belongs to us. You must not share, copy, distribute, or reproduce it in any way without our prior approval in writing.
Limitation of Liability
- To the extent permitted by law we exclude all liability and responsibility for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the purchase of and/or access to the Course.
- In any event our liability arising out of or in connection with the purchase of and/or access to the Course will be limited to the amount of the fee paid for the Course.
- Nothing in this agreement will exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
Downtime and Outtages
- You acknowledge that we may require reasonable periods of downtime for the purpose of repair or maintenance of our website and the Course.
- In the event of unforeseen interruption to availability of our website or the Course we will use reasonable endeavours to restore them without undue delay.
- You will not be entitled to any reduction, refund or compensation of any kind if access to the Course is not possible for any reason.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire and only agreement between us.
- If any provision in these terms and conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable the validity of the other provisions shall not be affected.
- These terms of business, and any agreement with us, are subject to the laws of England and the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Your cart is empty